If your monitor turns black after a few minutes of use, it’s likely due to a power-saving setting. To fix this, you can adjust your power settings so that your monitor doesn’t turn off. Here’s how:
- Open the Control Panel. You can do this by searching for “control panel” in the Start menu.
- Click on Hardware and Sound.
- Under “Power Options,” click on Edit power plan.
- Click on Change advanced power settings.
- Under “Display,” expand the Turn off display after setting. Set this to “Never.”
- Click OK to save your changes.
Now your monitor should stay on indefinitely. If you’re still having trouble, you may need to adjust your computer’s screen resolution or refresh rate.