If you’re using an external monitor with your laptop, you may want to turn off your laptop’s screen to save power and increase your productivity. Here’s how to do it:
- Open your laptop’s settings. This can be done by clicking the “Start” button in the lower-left corner of your screen, then clicking the “Settings” icon (it looks like a gear).
- Click “System.”
- Click “Display.”
- Under “Multiple displays,” click the drop-down menu and select “Duplicate these displays” or “Extend these displays.”
- Click the “Apply” button.
- Click the “Power” button in the lower-right corner of your screen, then click “Sleep.”
- Your laptop’s screen will turn off, but your external monitor will stay on.
Now, whenever you want to turn off your laptop’s screen, simply put your laptop to sleep. Your external monitor will stay on, and you can wake your laptop by pressing any key or moving the mouse.