If you’re like most people, you probably use your laptop with an external monitor or projector most of the time. But did you know that you can save battery power by turning off your laptop’s screen when it’s connected to an external display?
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click on Hardware and Sound.
- Under the Power Options heading, click on Edit Plan Settings.
- Click on Change advanced power settings.
- In the Advanced Settings window, expand the Display section.
- Expand the Enable adaptive brightness setting.
- Select Off from the drop-down menu next to On battery.
- Click OK to save your changes.
Now, when you connect your laptop to an external monitor or projector, the screen will stay off and you’ll save battery power.