If you have two monitors connected to your computer, you can set different wallpapers for each monitor. Windows 7 makes it easy to do this right from the Personalization control panel. Here’s how:
- First, open the Personalization control panel. You can do this by right-clicking on the desktop and choosing Personalize from the menu, or by going to Start > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Personalization.
- Click on the Desktop Background link near the bottom of the window.
- In the window that appears, you’ll see thumbnails of your current wallpaper. If you have more than one monitor connected to your computer, you’ll see a drop-down list in the upper-left corner of the window. Select the monitor you want to change the wallpaper for from the list.
- Now, find the image you want to use as your new wallpaper. You can use any image you like, but for this example, we’ll use one of the default Windows 7 wallpapers. Click on the image to select it, then click the Set as background button.
- The image will now appear as your wallpaper. If you have more than one monitor connected to your computer, repeat steps 3-5 for the other monitor. You can now enjoy your new dual monitor wallpaper!
If you have any questions, feel free to post a comment.