You may have an old monitor sitting in your basement or attic that you don’t use anymore. But don’t throw it away! There are many ways to reuse an old monitor. Here are some ideas:
- Use it as a second monitor for your computer. If your computer’s graphics card has two video outputs, you can connect your old monitor to the second output. This will give you more screen real estate to work with, which can be very helpful if you do a lot of multitasking on your computer.
- Hook it up to a DVD player or game console. If your old monitor has an HDMI input, you can use it as a display for your DVD player or game console. This can be a great way to get a bigger screen for movies or games without spending any money.
- Turn it into a digital photo frame. If your old monitor has an HDMI input, you can connect a digital photo frame to it. This can be a great way to display your photos in a larger format.
- Use it as a security monitor. If your old monitor has an HDMI input, you can connect it to a security camera. This can give you an extra level of security for your home or business.
- Donate it to a school or nonprofit organization. Many schools and nonprofit organizations can use old monitors for their computers. Call around to see if any of these organizations in your area could use your old monitor.
As you can see, there are many ways to reuse an old monitor. So don’t throw it away – put it to good use!