If you want to display what is on your laptop screen on a larger monitor, you can do so by mirroring the display. This is useful when giving presentations or working on a project where you need a larger screen. Here’s how to do it:
- Connect your laptop to the monitor using an HDMI cable. If your laptop has a Mini DisplayPort, you can use a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter.
- Turn on the monitor and select the correct input source. On most monitors, you’ll need to press the “Source” or “Input” button on the monitor to cycle through the input options until you see your laptop’s display.
- Open the Display settings on your laptop. This can be done by right-clicking on the desktop and selecting “Display settings” from the drop-down menu, or by going to the Start menu and searching for “Display settings”.
- Under the “Multiple displays” section, select the “Duplicate these displays” option.
- Your laptop’s display will now be mirrored on the monitor.
If you want to extend your laptop’s display across both screens, you can do so by selecting the “Extend these displays” option in the Display settings. This will give you more screen real estate to work with, but it can be more difficult to keep track of what’s on each screen. If you’re giving a presentation, you may want to stick with the mirroring option so your audience can see what’s on your screen.
If you have multiple monitors connected to your laptop, you can select which one you want to use for mirroring in the Display settings. Simply click on the monitor you want to use and then select the “Duplicate these displays” or “Extend these displays” option.
You can also adjust the resolution and orientation of your displays in the Display settings. If you want to change the resolution of your laptop’s display, you can do so by clicking on the “Advanced display settings” link at the bottom of the page. From here, you can click on the “Resolution” drop-down menu and select the desired resolution. If you want to change the orientation of your display, you can do so by clicking on the “Orientation” drop-down menu and selecting the desired option.
Once you’re done making changes, click the “Apply” button to save your changes. Your laptop’s display will now be mirrored on the monitor.