If you have two computers and want to use just one monitor, you can do so by connecting them both to the monitor using a VGA cable. This is a simple process that only requires a few minutes to set up. Here’s how to do it:
- First, turn off both computers and unplug their power cords from the outlet.
- Next, locate the VGA port on each computer. This is typically found on the back of the computer, near the other video ports. If you’re not sure which one is the VGA port, consult your computer’s documentation or look for a label that says “VGA.”
- Once you’ve located the VGA ports, plug one end of the VGA cable into the port on the first computer. Then, plug the other end of the cable into the port on the second computer.
- Now, plug the power cord for the first computer back into the outlet and turn on the computer. Then, do the same for the second computer.
- Once both computers are turned on, you should see the same image on both screens. If you don’t, consult your computer’s documentation for instructions on how to adjust the display settings.
That’s all there is to it! By following these simple steps, you can easily connect two computers to one monitor using a VGA cable.