Most laptops come with a built-in display screen. But if you want to increase your productivity, you may want to connect an external monitor to your laptop. This will give you more screen real estate to work with. It can also come in handy if your built-in display is damaged or broken. In this article, we’ll show you how to attach a monitor to your laptop.
First, you’ll need to gather the following materials:
- An external monitor
- A monitor cable. This will usually be a VGA or DVI cable.
- A power cord for the monitor
Once you have all of the necessary materials, you’re ready to get started.
1. Start by powering off your laptop and unplugging it from any power source. Then, locate the video output port on your laptop. This is usually located on the side or back of the laptop.
2. Next, connect one end of the monitor cable to the video output port on your laptop. Then, connect the other end of the cable to the input port on the back of the monitor.
3. Once the cable is connected, go ahead and power on your monitor. Then, press the power button on your laptop to turn it on. Your laptop’s display should now appear on the external monitor.
4. If you want to use your laptop’s built-in display as well, you can do so by pressing the Fn key and the F4 key at the same time. This will toggle between the two displays.
That’s all there is to it! Connecting an external monitor to your laptop is a simple process that can be completed in just a few minutes. By doing so, you can increase your productivity and get more use out of your laptop.