The Mac mini is a great little computer for those who want the power of a Mac without the price tag. But one downside to the mini is its lack of a built-in display. This means that if you want to use your mini as a desktop computer, you’ll need to connect it to a monitor. Here’s how to do it.
First, you’ll need to gather the following supplies:
- A Mac mini
- A monitor with an HDMI port
- An HDMI cable
- A power adapter for your monitor
Once you have all of your supplies, you’re ready to get started.
1. Begin by connecting the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your monitor. If your monitor has multiple HDMI ports, you can use any of them.
2. Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on the back of your Mac mini.
3. Plug the power adapter into your monitor, then plug it into an outlet.
4. Turn on your monitor.
5. Press the power button on the back of your Mac mini to turn it on.
6. Your Mac mini will automatically detect your monitor and adjust its display settings accordingly. If you want to adjust the display settings yourself, you can do so by opening System Preferences and selecting Displays.
And that’s all there is to it! Now you can enjoy the power of a Mac mini on a larger display.